Camp ThunderCraft Mission:
- Camp Thundercraft aims to create a space where small creative business owners can come together to learn from one another, inspire each other to continue down our own creative paths, and connect with one another to learn better business practices FOR THEMSELVES.
- To build relationships through a safe space that encourages idea sharing, self-reflection, and collaboration, that will extend to the outside world even after the weekend is over.
- To learn from each other’s experiences running small craft businesses and to magnify that knowledge in a focused, secluded environment, generating ideas for new directions in which to grow
How is this camp geared specifically towards creative small business owners?
The name ThunderCraft embodies what we hope to accomplish at this Urban Craft Uprising-inspired camp. We all understand that electric charge we get as makers and entrepreneurs when our crafty and business sides come together. When those elements converge, we have a roar which cannot be ignored.
We feel this rumble when we learn new techniques, when we expand our fan base, when we try new approaches and when we realize that “we are onto something.” Camp ThunderCraft gives makers the opportunity to connect with like-minded crafters and artists who understand the drive necessary to be one’s own boss, the obstacles and self-doubt we all experience along the way, and the continued motivation we all seek to keep ourselves productive, accountable, and successful.
This camaraderie is very powerful, and we want you all to leave Camp ThunderCraft feeling ready to tackle new hurdles in your business, inspired to try new ideas and empowered to keep growing your business, while being bolstered by the network and community that we forge together. Because there’s NOTHING better than being your own boss and being able to make a living doing what you love. Plus, camp is gonna be a BLAST!
The Nitty Gritty
- Who: Makers and small business owners from near and far
- What: A weekend retreat focused around small business classes, panel and roundtable discussions, self-reflection, networking, and connecting.
- Where: Camp Burton (9326 SW Bayview Drive, Vashon Island, WA 98070)
- When: April 19th-21st, 2024 (noon on Friday to 2:30 p.m. on Sunday)
- Cost: $400 for a full weekend of programming, classes, activities & networking! ***early bird pricing ends Nov. 1st!***
Camp ThunderCraft wouldn’t be nearly as awesome without our generous sponsors! All these wonderful businesses are helping out in some way to make sure the weekend is super fantastic.